Sunday, May 14, 2006

Stuff

The adoption books sounds good--think I've heard of it. Did you read it? Tell more please.

Well, I took a little break from Anne Tyler's book (even though I love it) to read PROPHET OF YONWOOD by Jeanne DuPrau, the prequel to CITY OF EMBER. I am about halfway through. I am withholding judgment until I finish. Hopefully I'll finish something soon. But with the end of the year school stuff, who knows!

The Patricia Polacco thing seems to be getting more interesting. I heard that she posted an update on her website after SRA/MCGraw Hill posted her signed contract. Looks like a mess to me. I also heard that SRA/McGraw Hill responded on lots of blogs that discussed the Polacco cancellation. I guess we don't rate as a blog since they didn't respond to us. The Allen County people have posted their first list of books for their Mock Newbery Club. About 10-12 books that they feel could win the Newbery. A few that look interesting. I might start with Dan Gutman's THE HOMEWORK MACHINE. If I ever finish one of the ones I've started. I did pick up JUMPING THE SCRATCH by Sarah Weeks. It looks like a possibility for the Newbery. WRIGHT 3 is getting mixed reviews. Maybe if I spent as much time reading actual books as I do reading reviews, I'd get a few books finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.