Sunday, August 13, 2006

Book Meme: Children's Literature Version

1. One book that changed your life?
A WRINKLE IN TIME by Madeline L'Engle was the first really challenging book I ever read, and I found it all by myself -- a bonus! (ML)

BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA by Katherine Paterson--was the first book I read for a children's lit class in college and I fell in love with Children's Lit again! (F)

2. One book you have read more than once?

When I was a kid, I reserved Sunday afternoons for re-reading books that made me cry. One of my favorites was LITTLE BRITCHES, by Ralph Moody. (ML)

THE LITTLE PRINCESS and THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnett (F)

3. One book you would want on a desert island?

The biggest, thickest anthology of poetry I could lay hands on. (ML)

No poetry for me. I'd want WALK TWO MOONS by Sharon Creech (F)

4. One book that made you laugh?

THE BFG, by Roald Dahl. The first children's book to showcase farts, even if they were disguised as whizpoppers. (ML)

BARK, GEORGE by Jules Feiffer (F)

5. One book that made you cry?
The whole second half of EACH LITTLE BIRD THAT SINGS, by Deborah Wiles. (ML)

BABY by Patricia MacLachlan (F)

6. One book you wish had been written?
The one guaranteed to hook any struggling reader. (ML)

More books by favorite authors like Sharon Creech, Shannon Hale, Kate DiCamillo, Mem Fox, etc. I always hate waiting for their next books! (F)

7. One book you wish had never been written?
Not a wish I am philosophically able to make. (ML)

The new NANCY DREW books--I liked the old ones! (F)

8. One book you are currently reading?

One of the next on my to-read pile is A TRUE AND FAITHFUL NARRATIVE, by Katherine Sturtevant.

BREAD AND ROSES, TOO by Katherine Paterson (F)

9. One book you have been meaning to read?
Now that I finished HP #6, I guess that honor goes the THE HOUSE OF THE SCORPION by Nancy Farmer. (ML)

#4-12 of THE SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS by Lemony Snicket (F)

10. Now tag five people.
If you're reading this, you've probably already been tagged. Now get busy and make your list! If you're not sure where to send it, put it in our comments and we'll get you in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on.