Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Kid Quips

It's been awhile since I had a really good one to share. Today's was a doozie.

At the end of the day, Boy A was by the door tying his new sneaks. Real hot, fast looking shoes. I told him they looked like they ought to have wings on the heels, like that Greek god. "You know who I'm talking about, don't you?" I asked.

"The Red Bull guy?" he replied.

Groan. The curse of popular culture.

So I had to go over to my mythology shelf and check. On the way, I asked Boy B, who was likely to know the answer so I wouldn't have to look. "Is it Hermes with the wings on his shoes?" I asked.

"No, Herpes, isn't it?"

"Uh, no. For sure not Herpes. That's a disease."

3 comments:

  1. When I'm doing my mythology lesson on the underworld and talking about Sisyphus and his eternal task of pushing the rock up the hill, I always get, "Oh yeah, the Red Bull guy!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a great laugh. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Thanks for the smile! That reminds me when one of my boys told me he found a book he was reading in the "hormone" section (humor). That gave me a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.