Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TWOSOMES: LOVE POEMS FROM THE ANIMAL KINGDOM by Marilyn SInger


If you are looking for a fun book for Valentine's Day or something unique to add to your poetry collection, you may want to take a look at TWOSOMES: LOVE POEMS FROM THE ANIMAL KINGDOM by Marilyn Singer and illustrated by Lee Wildish.

This is an adorable little book.  It is small in size and each page has two line poems highlighting various animals.  Each poem is quite cute and there is word play throughout that kids will pick up.  The adorable illustrations are set on white background with hearts throughout:-)  My personal favorite poem of the moment is this one:

Earthworms


We're perfect together, I guarantee
that I dig you and you dig me.

I think this would be a fun little Valentine's Day gift for young children. I also think it is a fun addition to any collection.

Really, kids are going to love this all year round, I think!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh! adorable!!! play on words...winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cute! I've heard of this one, and can't wait to see it. Marilyn's so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I'm putting it on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm adding this to my library list! Sounds like a book I would love, and my family would love, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.