Wednesday, July 06, 2011

THE NEIGHBORHOOD SING-ALONG by Nina Crews

The Neighborhood Sing-AlongI love having a large poetry and song book collection and I am always looking for poetry/song books that span grade levels.  I think THE NEIGHBORHOOD SING-ALONG by Nina Crews will be one of those books that kids of all ages will love.

This book is filled with classic songs such as "Take Me Out to the Ball Game!", "Do Your Ears Hang Low?", and "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt".  Each is place on a page with photos of small children out and about in the neighborhood.  The children in the photos are young--which will invite young children into this book.  But I don't think the young children will keep older kids from enjoying sharing these songs together.  Although there is no accompanying CD or site for the songs, I think most of the songs will be readily available to kids in some format.

I have lots of song books in my library and classroom collections. Many are new versions of old songs. It is nice to have a book that might give kids access to the original words/versions to many songs they may be familiar with.  I can't wait to share this one with kids.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing a new book from Nina Crews...love her work and style. A bit of mother and father- donald crews/ann jonas. Can't wait to share with k.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.