Thursday, July 28, 2011

Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers

Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers

Super Diaper Baby 2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers
by George Beard and Harold Hutchins (really, it's by Dav Pilkey)
Tree House Comix (really, Blue Sky Press/Scholastic), 2011
review copy purchased for my classroom library and my own amusement

Last summer, I provided a public service announcement about THE ADVENTURES OF OOK AND GLUK.

This summer, I'm here to tell you (teachers, librarians, parents and grandparents) not to fear Super Diaper Baby 2. Yes, it is chock-full of potty humor, but it also comes with a pretty hysterical parody of HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS. And the plot does turn on the water cycle. (Or maybe that should be -- is a twisted version of the water cycle...twisted, because it does have to do with pee after all...)

Yup. As low as low brow gets. But my 4th graders will love it.

1 comment:

  1. I've worked with so many struggling readers who are captivated by Dav Pilkey's writing and humor. I can't wait to get my hands on his newest!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.