Monday, August 26, 2013

Carnivores!!!!

When it comes to picture books, I WANT MY HAT BACK is one of my very favorites. And this week I found another that is right up there with I WANT MY HAT BACK--CARNIVORES by Aaron Reynolds and Dan Santat. And anyone who has been following my blog knows that there are no other books that are up there with I Want My Hat Back.  I am so excited about this book--it is one I am carrying around with me and showing to everyone I pass. It is a book that I make people read while I watch them.  Then I take it away so that I can show it to someone else.  It definitely goes on my BOOKS I COULD READ A MILLION TIMES booklist.  (And the last book I have put on my Books I Could Read A Million Times list was.....#hatback).

CARNIVORES is the story of 3 carnivores who are really misunderstood. I don't want to say much more because you should experience every page of the book on your own.  It is a book that I think everyone will love.

I brought the book in today to share with a 5th grade teacher who shared it with his students. A few of my past students (now in his class) let me know how hysterical they thought it was.  When they brought it back, my class asked about it. I hadn't planned on reading it because I wasn't sure they would  get the humor. But they did. And they totally loved it. Absolutely totally.  It was such a fun book to read to kids. Watching their faces and hearing their laugh-out-loud reactions was the best way to spend a Friday.

Pretty much everyone agrees that this is a great book.  Here are some other reviews of the book.

Jen Robinson's Review "Carnivores is actually a hilarious riff"
Waking Brain Cells "screamingly funny, wonderfully inappropriate"
Roundtable Reviews  "Without a shadow of a doubt, Carnivores skyrocketed its way to the top of my favorite children's books of all time."

If you are still not convinced, you can watch the book trailer here:-)


I'd suggest buying more than one of these books. You will want to have one with you wherever you go.




4 comments:

  1. OMG, I'm doing a very similar blog post this morning because of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on this book--and I don't meat! : ) Thanks so much for sharing, Franki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this one! Was a bit saddened that my 3 year old wasn't ready for the humor, but I passed it on to my husband anyway. Thanks for linking to my review!

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.