Monday, May 15, 2017

Summer #Bookaday!

Well with nine days of school left, it is time to get ready for the Summer #bookaday Challenge invented by Donalyn Miller.  If you missed Donalyn's Facebook Live event where she kicked off this 9th Annual event, you an watch it on her Facebook Page.

To get started, I counted the days of summer. If I counted correctly, we have 80 days of summer so I will try to read 80 books. I try to read a book every day but sometimes that doesn't work out so it works for me to have a total number goal that matches the total days of summer. So 80 is my number this year.  I need this because I have gotten very behind in my reading lately.

I will be moving to a 5th grade classroom next year and I am excited to catch up on books for 5th grade readers. Thanks to lots of friends I am building a stack and a list of books that are popular with 5th graders today. There are stacks all over my house, just waiting for Summer Bookaday Reading time. I hope to fit in a few YA and adult fiction and of course I'll be reading lots of picture books!

I'd love any suggestions as I move from 3rd grade to 5th grade.

Here is one of my stacks!


If you have never participated in Summer Bookaday, I would highly recommend it. A fun challenge and a great way to catch up on your reading!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great stack! Enjoy the reading journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 80 days- wowzers- 50 for me (beginning June 10) before the required inservice days. Sad (selfishly) that you are moving to 5th, because I love your recommendations for third grade books, but excited for you and #bookaday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read one from this stack, A Night Divided. Start with it! Happy summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    I'd also recommend Pax by Sarah Pennypacker, Enchanted Air by Margarita Engle, and Home of the Brave by Katherine Applegate.
    Happy Reading,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on.